NC State’s 2021-22 class of University Faculty Scholars was announced today. These 23 early- and mid-career faculty receive this designation in recognition of their outstanding academic achievements and contributions to NC State through their teaching, scholarship and service to the university and beyond.
Since the program’s inception in 2012, 214 faculty have been named University Faculty Scholars. These faculty members carry the title for the duration of their faculty appointment at NC State and receive an increase to their base salary.
Each college may submit nominations for assistant professors appointed for a second term, associate professors and professors within the first three years of their appointment. Senior faculty then review nominations, evaluating them on research and scholarship productivity, excellence in teaching and mentoring, and leadership in extension, professional societies and public service initiatives.
This year’s class of University Faculty Scholars includes:
- Erin Baker, associate professor of chemistry
- Grant Bollmer, associate professor of communication
- Matthew Bryant, associate professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Sarah Carrier, professor of teacher education and learning sciences
- Ramón Collazo, associate professor of materials science and engineering
- Eduardo Corral, associate professor of English
- Michael Daniele, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering
- Veljko Dubljević, associate professor of philosophy and religious studies
- Massimo Iorizzo, associate professor of horticultural science
- Albert Keung, assistant professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering
- Ramon Leon, associate professor of crop and soil sciences
- Srdjan Lukic, professor of electrical and computer engineering
- James Mulholland, professor of English
- Michael Nolan, associate professor of clinical sciences
- William Rand, associate professor of business management
- Dominic Reisig, extension specialist and professor of entomology and plant pathology
- Traci Rider, assistant professor of architecture
- Eunkyoung Shim, assistant professor of textile engineering, chemistry and science
- Rohan Shirwaiker, associate professor of industrial and systems engineering
- Kathryn Stevenson, associate professor of parks, recreation and tourism management
- Giuseppe Valacchi, professor of animal science
- Jack Wang, assistant professor of forestry and environmental resources
- Shu Yang, associate professor of statistics
This post was originally published in NC State News.