Threa Almontaster published a poem in Adroit Journal.
Tim Becker won the Excellence in Graduate Teaching Awards 2018.
The following MS Technical Communication and CRDM students presented their research at the 8th Annual Symposium on Communicating Complex Information (SCCI) at Louisiana Tech University last month:
- Jianfen Chen, “Detecting Differences in National Ideologies in News Reports on US and China Trade War”
- Khawar Latif Kahn, “Intercultural Communication in Educational Institutions: Content Strategy of Websites of Pakistani Universities”
- Yeqing Kong & Chenxing Xie, “A Corpus-assisted Analysis of Academic Job Advertisements in Technical and Professional Communication (TPC)”
Four MA Film Studies students presented their research last month at the 40th Southwest Popular American Culture Association Conference in Albuquerque, NM:
- Phillip Bryant, “Even the Door Opening is Still Very Unreal: ‘Rectify’ and the Memory of the Southern Prison”
- Mariana Colin, “Destructive Love: Parasitic Motherhood in Coraline”
- Austin Jenkins, “The Holy-Half Giant: Hagrid as the Virgin Mary in the Harry Potter Series” (awarded the Best Graduate Student Paper in the Science Fiction and Fantasy division)
- Darya Levchenko, “Holding the Future in Your Hand: Science Fiction Imagery, Film Gadgets, and Commercial Marketing”